Just sat for the exam 70-503 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation yesterday. It was really fun to sit for the beta exam though it was pretty long – 64 questions in Three hours and thirty minutes. Unfortunately result has not been published yet .According to Prometric, I will get the result 8 weeks before MS will be releasing the Final version of the exam.
After finishing the exam, I got the idea how to score good in that exam – ABC : Address , binding and contract . If you have solid understanding in these three pillars of WCF – you will surely score well. These are the topic where you should have solid understanding before sitting for the exam –
1. WCF service and client configuration – not using service configuration tool provided in windows sdk , rather thorough Xml.
2. Security related configuration – Authentication and Authorization support in WCF thorough xml configuration.
3. Service Instance – Single ,PerCall , PerSession and Thread-safety of the instance.
4. Session and Transaction.
5. Duplex channel. WsDualHttpBinding.
7. Instrumentation of WCF service instance.
8. Interoperability with ASMX.
Thanks for visiting the blog. Wish you luck in the Exam. J
18 thoughts on “Preparation for Exam 70-503 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation”
can you tell me more about your previous preparation?
What books do you use to prepare the exam?
Thanks for visiting the blog.
Try one from the Microsoft Press – Inside WCF and Apress – Pro WCF . I would suggest you to focus declaratively configuring web.config .
Can u please shaere softcopies of books u have for WCF.
Can u mail me the dumps for 70-503
I am sorry I dont have any dump for the exam.
softcopy of the book for WCF needed. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for that information, for a beginner in wcf which book will you recommend
Hi, can anybody mail me soft copy for 70-503 book?
My email id is email@example.com
Hi Hrushikesh ,
Sorry buddy. I do not have any ebook on WCF.
This one is a great book on WCF. Check it out –
I would definitely suggest the following e-learnings to get the idea about WCF:
Free Microsoft E-Learning:
Collection 6261: Developing Rich Experiences using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 & Visual Studio 2008
– Clinic 6262: Introducing Windows Workflow Foundation using .Net Framework 3.5 & Visual Studio 2008
– Clinic 6263: Introducing Windows Presentation Foundation using .Net Framework 3.5 & Visual Studio 2008
– Clinic 6264: Introducing Windows Communication Foundation using .Net Framework 3.5 & Visual Studio 2008
Is there a pre-requisite for exam 70-503 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation.
waiting for reply
To my knowledge, there is no prerequisite for the exam.
But please check it on Microsoft’s site to see whether there’s any(to be sure)?
Excellent site, keep up the good work
I am preparing for MCTS exam on wcf. Please provide me your suggestions. Also if you have dumps , please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey Teja don’t you understand that dumps is cheating???. Why do we have to do this all the time??. Change people change…
Your blog is pretty cool to me and your subject matter is very relevant. I was browsing around and came across something you might find interesting. I was guilty of 3 of them with my sites. “99% of website owners are doing these five mistakes”. http://tinyurl.com/7dtdnz9 You will be suprised how easy they are to fix.