Just sat for the exam 70-503 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation yesterday. It was really fun to sit for the beta exam though it was pretty long – 64 questions in Three hours and thirty minutes. Unfortunately result has not been published yet .According to Prometric, I will get the result 8 weeks before MS will be releasing the Final version of the exam.
After finishing the exam, I got the idea how to score good in that exam – ABC : Address , binding and contract . If you have solid understanding in these three pillars of WCF – you will surely score well. These are the topic where you should have solid understanding before sitting for the exam –
1. WCF service and client configuration – not using service configuration tool provided in windows sdk , rather thorough Xml.
2. Security related configuration – Authentication and Authorization support in WCF thorough xml configuration.
3. Service Instance – Single ,PerCall , PerSession and Thread-safety of the instance.
4. Session and Transaction.
5. Duplex channel. WsDualHttpBinding.
7. Instrumentation of WCF service instance.
8. Interoperability with ASMX.
Thanks for visiting the blog. Wish you luck in the Exam. J